Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Stripes






Tee: Ralph Lauren, Shorts: The Limited, Flats: H&M, Necklace: Homemade
My family and I travel mainly once a year and since I've been born, we generally drive to Myrtle Beach. Recently, my dad found a town that was a few miles south of Myrtle Beach [meaning it still had warm air and warm water], but it was far less commercialized. We try migrate there as much as possible [spring break, summer break, etc...] ever since. This is one of those migrations. Beach, sun, and surf meets shopping, mini golf, amazing food, and even better southern hospitality. I love the south and I think my alter ego is a southern belle which makes me feel right at home. I get to use "y'all" without ridicule and eat all the grits I want. The beach seems to trump all [when does it not?]. The weather has been fabulous and although it's hot and tropical, the ocean breeze cools you down. The waves are perfect for boogie boarding and the sand is pristine and white. Who could ask for more on a vacation? Obviously someone has because there is not only a beach, two sets of outlets to do my back to school shopping, a lovely plantation-turned-garden, and my favorite city of all time [Charleston].
Any time we venture beyond the beach, I seem to be reaching for outfits like this one that have a subliminally nautical theme. I also like to feel very comfortable and simple on vacation so a tee shirt and shorts with minimal accessories is more or less my uniform. Feeling comfortable and easy-breezy while still looking polished is the goal and this outfit achieves it. 
Be sure to follow my journeys on Instagram!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty clothes!

    Wanna follow each other?

    http://oanna-w.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have such a weakness for stripes, they are perfect for summer!


    www.theadoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nautical theme!

    Xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would make a really great outfit! I love stripes in summer!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I too love summery stripes...
    xoxo
    Birdy

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!