Friday, November 29, 2013

Working For the Weekend

Warning: This post contains many words and not many pictures. If anyone currently reading has an aversion to this style of post, i suggest turning back now!
Don't say i didn't warn you!

I don't know about the rest of you, but my life has been hectic. With AP world tests and striving to get an A, struggling with balanced equations in chemistry, and starting to read Crime and Punishment in English, my school life never slows down. And to top it all off, marching band is starting up again to practice for our last parade of the year (until we travel in the spring) and Irish dance has become panicked due to our upcoming performance. I feel as if I'm running all week and Friday afternoon is my finish line where i have a minute to catch my breath. 
Just a week ago, i had a super crazy week, stress, tests, etc... and then my parents surprised me on Saturday by going to one of my favorite restaurants, shopping, and then watching a movie at home with our neighbors. It felt like a reward for all everyone's been doing. The song referenced in the title (Working for the Weekend by Loverboy) has become the soundtrack to my life. 
But enough about my school-time woes, it's a time to reflect on what we're thankful for! I'm obviously thankful for this blog: when i first started this blog, i didn't tell my mom (...i know, such a rebel) and she almost made me delete it. I'm really happy she let me keep twirl up because since that fateful July, this blog has blossomed. It's like a kid i'm watching grow up. Anastasia*, Marin**, and I are constantly learning and improving and it's a great experience for all of us. 
I'm thankful to have such wonderful friends that can agree on style and that support this blog alongside myself. Running Twirl the way it's being run now really is a 3-girl effort and i'm glad Anastasia and Marin are the other 2/3 of The Twirl Team as well as my best friends.
so thankful for my amazing friends

I'm also thankful to have such wonderful family and friends. Every year, my parents and my brother and I head out to my aunt's farm for a delicious meal with my mom's family. It's a great tradition and i always enjoy meeting up with my family to enjoy a delicious meal and a super fun time. This year was no different and seeing my family and talking, eating, and laughing with them was a lovely time, as thanksgiving always is...and as a bonus, the Raven's won!: 
Cousins (I'm in the white chair)

The kiddie table

The adults' table

My grandfather carving the turkey

post-dinner food comas with easy the lab

wish lanterns with the cousins

sending one off


my brother and i sending ours off together



the most beautiful fall day 


As humans, we ALWAYS want more and it's hard to stop and just be grateful for everything we already have. Thankfully (see what i did there...???), there's a holiday to appreciate
Happy Thanksgiving!
My Cheesy Thanksgiving Clipart gift to you :)













xoxo
Hannah
Ps, my apologies for the extreme blurriness, my mom took these with her iphone at thanksgiving *smiles sheepishly*



*Amour
**Sky

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you too! World homework can be a killer, especially when it turns into US homework and then Euro Homework. It doesn't get easier but it gets more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, its very easy and nice method and post you share are very helpful for my project of making garden sheds cover. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!