Monday, December 23, 2013

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

It's that time of year again: Christmas time!
Thanksgiving, Black Friday, AND Cyber Monday have all come and gone
My marching band had our last performance (a Christmas parade), I've had my yearly tree-decorating party (my family has a 12-foot artificial tree so decorating takes more than just the 4 of us), and midterm madness has begun.
Among it all, parents, friends, and family search and squander the shops for the perfect gifts. I decided to make life easier for the aforesaid people by putting all of my wants and needs in PowerPoint format. For others, i decided to DIY gifts and make the world a more preppy place. The boys are getting custom bow ties and the girls will get cute skater skirts or hair-bows sewed by yours truly.
Apart from the commercial aspects, I think the best part of Christmas is the electricity that runs through the air. Think back to your school days: remember the last day before winter break? There's this sort of exciting tension felt by student and teacher alike. Our last day was Friday, so now the excitement is reaching an all time high (only 1 more advent calender space to open!!). My family and I are day-tripping in New York City today with some close friends and getting into the spirit for the next few days. Tomorrow will be a day to go to church and watch the polar express (we only watch it once a year: on Christmas eve), then forget about sleeping; I may be 15, but i still get jitters on Christmas eve, wondering about what awaits me in the morning. Then of course, we come to Christmas day: My dad's insane train garden, presents, stockings, family, laughter, happiness, ham, and more family. I'm super excited for it to come, but, at the same time, i don't want it to ever end. New Year's is nice, but the amazing feeling accompanying Christmas cannot be beat. What are some of your favorite traditions?


A blurry photo of the lovely tree-trimming I hosted
Bear during the first snow of the season
Poinsettias in my family room (mantel in the background)

The mantel, one of our trees, the stockings, and the nativity

Pucker up ;)

MY stocking

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Some New York trip pictures:

me with the big tree...ignore the hiking boots: it was raining all day




The Plaza hotel...the hot cocoa here is TOP notch





trump tower
A Henri Bendel window display featuring none other than Audrey



lots of umbrellas and lots of people
Cartier

the plaza tree




Wishing you and your family the merriest of Christmas' this year,
Hannah, Anastasia, and Marin (even though she celebrates Hanukkah)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have feedback? We want to hear it!