Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Outfit Post ::Charleston::

What? Another outfit post? I must be on a roll or something...

Tee and Shorts: Eddie Bauer // Necklace: Pink Pineapple // Bracelet and Watch: Local Boutique // Bag: Tommy Hilfiger // Earrings: American Eagle // Fleece: Land's End


In love with the window boxes

had to take a selfie...






Looks like I meant to do this pose (which I didn't) and yet my brother managed to capture it #starphotographer






 Disclaimer: this post is closer to being 1/3 outfit documentation and 2/3 travel diary
All of my friends know that South Carolina always has been and always will be like a second home to me. My parents vacationed here long before I was born and continue to do so long after. I have memories of being here from a very young age but we took a break in my tween years where we went to Hawaii/ Disney World/ Disney Land and I sort of forgot about Myrtle Beach. We came back a few years ago during spring break and stayed in a new area (a beach slightly south of Garden City called Litchfield Beach) and fell in love all over again. The beaches, the pretty condos, the Spanish moss, the southern accents and hospitality...I couldn't help but love it all!
Traditionally, my family also makes the 2 hour drive down to Charleston. I have never left the USA before so I don't have much to go off of, but so far, this is my favorite city. There is such a relaxed and hospitable aura about the place...I feel like I should be sitting on a porch in a rocking chair drinking lemonade, admiring the aesthetically appealing houses and gardens...even the alleyways are adorable! Not to mention the rich history that makes it a great place to go for a sightseeing daytrip. I've decided that all I want in life is to make enough money to buy a longchamp, a nice car, and a beautiful historic/southern home. I swoon over the southern architecture and gorgeous gardens associated with Charleston and cannot wait until I have a chance to go back.
What's your favorite city?
xoxo
HBM

2 comments:

  1. that is so cool. What a lovely tradition to keep alive! I would love to visit one day!
    I haven't traveled to many places but, I love going to NYC. I've only been twice and both for short stays but it's so vibrant and full of life! Not for everyone I know but, it's just so fun there (and I don't mean a night life since I'm no party person! hehe)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those turquoise beads are simply amazing...
    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

You have feedback? We want to hear it!