Monday, July 13, 2015

Things I Need to Read

I have always been a voracious reader. I don't just read a chapter or two, I tear through a half of a book in a day depending on how much free time I have and how good the book is. Lately, however, my junior year of high school seems to be majorly limiting my ability to sit down and read a novel (willingly). Because of this, my "to-read" list has been piling quite high! 

//ONE\\
I've been meaning to read the classics anyways, but these brighten up my bookshelf as a bonus!!


//TWO\\


We had a project in English class where we had to choose one of these 244 elegies (basically an epitaph but in poem form) and memorize it. I read at least half of the complete anthology online before I picked the one I wanted and then realized I had to have the entire collection in print. It's simply fascinating to hear a reflection on one's life from beyond the grave and it's especially cool to make relationship connections based on the mention of other citizens. A bit on the depressing side to be reading death poems, but every one is existentially reflective and thought provoking...right up my alley! 


//THREE\\




Because I don't watch the news
Because I love their instagram account 
Because I need inspiration for bedroom and bathroom design 
Because I meant to start reading a year ago
Because it's a classic


//FOUR\\
     

Did somebody say "Summer Reading"?


//FIVE\\


Call me crazy, but I love Tolkien. The only problem? I never have time to read anymore! What, with homework and...homework...
Ok so I have time to read now, but it's hard to get back into a book that you haven't read in over a year. Regardless, it needs to be finished. I must finish the trilogy!

What's on your reading list?
xoxo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have feedback? We want to hear it!